Smart Italian women—scientists and mathematicians, to be exact—were Fendi’s Spring 2012 muses. Models appeared with bouffant, slightly disheveled faux bobs meant to remind us of eccentric scientists. (Einstein, hello!) Their eyes were slightly obscured by frameless shades resembling lab glasses. Behind the shades, the models’ eyes were gilded with gold or silver leaf, which makeup artist Peter Phillips had applied generously to create a raw texture while echoing the shape of the glasses.
By swapping out the gold or silver leaf for a more wearable product, you can adjust this look for real life. And it’s perfect for summer music festivals on bright, sunny days. Do like Fendi’s models did and top the look with your favourite sunglasses—then remove them at night to keep shining long after the sun goes down.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents