Runway to Real Life: Try colour blocking your makeup! Here’s how to do Marni’s playful Spring 2012 look
Marni’s Spring 2012 collection was suspended between girlish youth and confident womanhood. Although the ‘60s chic looks were structured and clean, little hints of whimsy appeared throughout. It was the collection’s playful accessories—two-toned oxfords and clutches—that inspired makeup artist Tom Pecheux to create the orange and white beauty look. By using shadows instead of liners, and by perking up the cheeks and lips with sheer products, you can make this work for real life. The bright, light colours are what make this look youthful and fun, so don’t be shy about using these creamsicle hues.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Dannijo launches a stunning six-piece collection to celebrate its 5th anniversary
- Best beauty apps: From cataloguing your nail polish to keeping you safe in the sun, 5 to download now
- Max Mara names a coat after Kate Middleton
- How to wear overalls: 5 Style Panel tips for taking this nineties staple from farmer to high-fashion
- Tom Ford’s Fall 2013 Ad Campaign is out and it is fierce