Considering that Karl Lagerfeld sketches with Shu Uemura eyeshadows, his forthcoming cosmetics collection is bound to be bright!
It may only be June, but after hearing that Karl Lagerfeld will be creating a holiday beauty line in collaboration with Shu Uemura, we’re officially drafting our first Christmas wish list now.
The two beauty and fashion innovators have shared a long-standing friendship. In fact, Kaiser Karl’s admiration for the Japanese beauty pioneer even extends to his art mediums—Lagerfeld has been using Shu Uemura’s highly pigmented eyeshadows in his sketches for the past 20 years! And in true Lagerfeld form, he didn’t just select the colours for the collection: he also designed the product’s packaging and photographed the soon-to-come campaign.
So how does it rank on our excitement scale? Extremely high—this collaboration is basically the best of the best in both fashion and beauty, rolled up in one hopefully-affordable package. We don’t mean to ignore you, summertime, but December can’t come soon enough!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Beckerman sisters?
- Sneak a peek at the Joe Fresh makeup collection for Fall 2013: 34 beauty products that won’t break your budget
- Alexander McQueen is returning to the beauty world with a new fragrance collection
- Luminato 2013: Marina Abramović, Willem Dafoe, Rufus Wainwright and a giant claw arcade game at opening night
- Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana found guilty of tax evasion