New best friends Katy Perry and Carly Rae Jepsen compare nail art on the red carpet (Can you guess which singer is still wearing her MMVA manicure?)
It looks like Katy Perry and Carly Rae Jepsen became besties after hanging out at the MMVAs in Toronto. While you’d think that the two bonded through their talents for making catchy number one hits, perhaps they’ve also connected over a love for nail art.
Perry and Jepsen had quite the manicure gush-fest on the red carpet at Tuesday’s Hollywood premiere of Katy Perry: Part of Me. Perry showed off a way-cute sculptural manicure that featured 3D decals of a music note, a film reel, a bag of popcorn and a pair of 3D glasses, all set on top of glittery red polish. Not only did it match her stunning red velvet Dolce & Gabbana dress, the pop starlet also wore a cartoonish popcorn-themed frock earlier in the day. (Would you expect any less?)
However, it’s Jepsen’s nails we’re most curious about. She must have loved her MMVA manicure a lot, because she was still rocking the same set of playful tips. The nails, which came courtesy of Toronto’s Leeanne Colley, were adorned with 3-D glitter, hearts and even an edgy charm. Needless to say, we’re pretty charmed that Jepsen has been wearing them this whole time. So while Perry gets credit for her très à propos tips, the fact that Jepsen is so in love with her homegrown mani means we’re calling this nail showdown a tie.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions
- Cannes 2013: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Waston, Nicole Kidman and more top our best Cannes red carpet looks
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look