Chanel does nail art! Plus, two new shades of nail polish to covet (including silver!) from their Couture show
Will we ever tire of the rush that comes from anticipating a new Chanel nail polish colour at every runway show they do? Considering that today’s Fall 2012 Couture presentation provided us with not one, but three new polish gifts, we think not. That’s right, there were three treats on models’ fingers: two new colours, and one foray into nail art—which may just be a first for the brand.
We’re still waiting on confirmation of the colours used, but at first glance (followed by much zoomed-in scrutiny) here’s what we can share: colour-wise, the nails are painted in silver and pink polish. The silver looks very close to the polish used at Chanel’s Spring 2010 Couture show—which was actually called “Silver.” (Unfortunately for us it was not sold in North America after that show, but perhaps now it will be? Fingers crossed!) Pink polish is applied on top of the silver, down the middle of the nail for a crescent moon manicure. Does this mean Chanel is officially on board with nail art? If yes, can we put in a request now for some signature double-C logo nail decals for Spring 2013?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 9 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party