With the weather hitting sweltering, record-breaking highs this week, it’s all about seeking relief from the heat in as many creative ways as possible. While a manicure isn’t likely to make you feel any cooler (tempertature-wise, that is!) there’s no denying that even superficial ways of tricking the mind to think about winter can help. So this week, put away your beachy pinks and oranges and turn toward frostbitten colours instead. Chanel‘s new shivering blue shade of nail polish is a great place to start, and the set from their Fall 2012 show provides further direction: the Superman Fortress of Solitude-esque ice crystals inspire an easy bit of nail art.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location