OPI’s doing an 18k gold nail polish (!!) in collaboration with James Bond, say hello to “The Man With The Golden Gun”
Whether you’re a devout James Bond fan or simply appreciate the series’ commitment to swoon-worthy male leads and great fashion, OPI’s latest 007-inspired offering will undoubtedly be a must-have for any polish fan. While it’s not due on shelves till October, rumours about the 18 karat gold leaf-laden top coat have been flying for weeks.
The limited edition polish (dubbed “The Man with the Golden Gun” in true OPI fashion) comes in a special gold lacquered bottle, complete with Bond-themed packaging. Though the price point of $38 is a bit higher than OPI’s standard polishes, the thought of real 18 karat gold–gilded digits makes it worth every penny.
“For 50 years Bond beauties have graced the big screen with their dazzling looks and opulent style, and gold has always played a prominent role,” Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI’s executive VP and artistic director, said via press release.
As for the formula, a leaked fan photo has revealed that “The Man With the Golden Gun” has a glitter-like consistency, with flakey bits of gold leaf distributed throughout. Considering the popularity of gilded manicures on fall runways, this polish isn’t just highly covetable: it’s right on trend.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable