Is it just a coincidence that Gwyneth Paltrow and Blake Lively released separate yet very similar perfume ads this week?
Maybe it’s all the Olympic fever in the air, or maybe it’s just all the perfume spritzing that’s made us dizzy, but we’re having a hard time distinguishing between the latest perfume ads for Blonde A (Blake Lively for Gucci Première) and Blonde B (Gwyneth Paltrow for Hugo Buss Nuit).
Both leggy blondes stalk through sleek interiors set against a sparkling city landscape at night, both do a lot of closed-eye spritzing and both are sporting almost identical retro-inspired waves. Oh, and the music…it’s pretty much the same.
While neither ad is a big departure for the starlets, who both flaunt their stunning figures in body-conscious dresses (gold for Lively, black for Paltrow), neither campaign disappoints either. If buying a fragrance is buying into an idea, then the notion of minimalist luxury and impeccably coiffed flaxen hair isn’t a bad one.
The real question is: who did it better? Is Lively’s slightly sexier turn in front of the camera a win over Paltrow’s more demure saunter, or do you think the GOOP-guru beat out the Gossip Girl?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Beckerman sisters?
- Sneak a peek at the Joe Fresh makeup collection for Fall 2013: 34 beauty products that won’t break your budget
- Alexander McQueen is returning to the beauty world with a new fragrance collection
- Luminato 2013: Marina Abramović, Willem Dafoe, Rufus Wainwright and a giant claw arcade game at opening night
- Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana found guilty of tax evasion