Janelle Monáe, a style icon in her own right thanks to her androgynously chic black-tie wardrobe and ‘50s-inspired “Monáe” ‘do, is the latest celeb to sign on as one of Cover Girl’s celebrity faces. Monáe’s known for her amazing pipes, genre-bending sound and incredible personal style, so the beautiful songstress’s impressively well-rounded résumé makes her a spot-on match for the famously all-American beauty brand.
“I believe it’s time that women truly owned their superpowers and used their beauty and strength to change the world around them,” said Monáe in a statement. “Becoming a COVERGIRL is truly an honor and a gift: it opens up a new platform for me to inspire women to feel stronger, braver and more beautiful inside and out.”
Her 10-page spread for Cover Girl will be unveiled in Vogue’s nearly 1,000-page September issue, and if the sneak peek the beauty brand’s provided so far is anything to go off of, it’s going to be stunning.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer