You can expect Yves Saint Laurent to pull out the big guns when it comes to fragrance campaigns (just think of Sophie Dahl’s infamous Opium ad), so it comes as no surprise that Jessica Chastain‘s campaign for Manifesto, YSL’s latest fragrance, is high-impact.
With Chastain’s impeccably done face and glove-like, purple-paint-covered hands front and centre against a stark white background, the Mert and Marcus-lensed campaign captures the pared-down femininity that Saint Laurent was famous for. The fragrance itself is described as a “woody floriental,” with notes of jasmine, white corollas, lily of the valley, blackcurrant, vanilla, tonka bean, cedar and sandalwood.
While European markets will be able to get their hands on Manifesto starting in September, those of us in North America will have to wait until March 2013. But there will be more from Chastian to make it worth the wait: she’ll star in a series of short films for the fragrance, shot by Drive director Nicolas Winding Refn.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents