While celebrities have always used Twitter as a way of reaching their fans directly, tweeting major announcements and exclusive sneak peeks are becoming more and more commonplace. (Case in point: Lady Gaga.) This morning Nicki Minaj tweeted the first picture of her forthcoming fragrance Pink Friday, and, as predicted, the fans went wild. The bottle may have something to do with it, though: modeled after Minaj it’s very Jem and the Holograms with a candy pink bob and gold vanity chain.
As for the fragrance itself, Minaj describes the scent as “like angels playing.” While we have no idea what notes would make up such a mix, we’re sure it’s bound to be less dark than Lady Gaga’s forthcoming perfume, which apparently smells like “the black soul of fame.” However, we’ll have to wait until September for both to be sure.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable