While the change of seasons often inspires a turn to darker hair colours, both Jessica Alba and Kim Kardashian added blonde ombré highlights over the weekend. Last Thursday, Alba tweeted “bye bye brown hair” before spending two days in the salon to perfectly lighten the ends of her naturally dark hair. Alba’s stylist Robert Ramos amped up the look with blonde extensions for length and drama, though it seems those are strictly for on-set—the dye job is in preparation for her role reprisal in the Sin City sequel. While this transformation marks the first time Alba has dyed her hair in four years, it’s just one of many recent changes for Kardashian. Despite tweeting that she had gone blonde, Kardashian’s signature raven locks look only slightly lightened. Her stylist George Papinoklas explained the dye process to Hollywood Life: “I changed her from her traditional dark brown, to a more fashionable glossy chocolate brown. I softened her natural black hair color to a dark chocolate…then used balayage highlights to add rich chocolate pieces around her face and ends of hair.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue