Dark Ages: Our October issue beauty shoot pays homage to this season’s dark heroine with crimson lips, oxblood nails and barely there brows
Crimson lips, oxblood nails and barely there brows and lashes are the perfect backdrop for one of Fall 2012′s biggest fashion trends: the dark heroine. Inspired by characters like Lisbeth Salander, Morticia Addams and even Snow White (likely of the Kristen Stewart variety), the look took hold at shows as different as Gucci and Viktor & Rolf, transforming models into vampiric goddesses at each show. In this photo shoot ode, our beauty team sets the stage with sombre velvets, beading, lace.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Dannijo launches a stunning six-piece collection to celebrate its 5th anniversary
- Best beauty apps: From cataloguing your nail polish to keeping you safe in the sun, 5 to download now
- Max Mara names a coat after Kate Middleton
- How to wear overalls: 5 Style Panel tips for taking this nineties staple from farmer to high-fashion
- Tom Ford’s Fall 2013 Ad Campaign is out and it is fierce