As we reported on Monday, Kelly Osbourne was extremely eager to flaunt her apparent $250,000 black diamond manicure on the Emmys red carpet. What we didn’t mention, however, was how much flack she received from fans (and haters, obviously) for bragging about such an extravagant manicure.
The reactions surrounding the $250,000 Azature black diamond nail polish caused Kelly Osbourne to offer an apology of sorts on her Twitter saying, “I see that my nail polish has offended some of you, however I see your point, but it was a once in a lifetime experience. #MyApologizes” She also reiterated that she did not pay for the nail polish but said that wearing it made her feel like a queen.
Oh Kelly, if only you would just explain that you vastly exaggerated the actual cost! Unless her fingers are able to soak up an entire bottle of nail polish in one go, that $250,000 price tag is strictly a publicity stunt. Not only that, Azature created just one $250,000 bottle of nail polish and they confirmed that it remains unopened. Of course, of all the scandals for a star to be involved in, being shamed for an expensive manicure is certainly the most luxurious way to make headlines.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Dannijo launches a stunning six-piece collection to celebrate its 5th anniversary
- Best beauty apps: From cataloguing your nail polish to keeping you safe in the sun, 5 to download now
- Max Mara names a coat after Kate Middleton
- How to wear overalls: 5 Style Panel tips for taking this nineties staple from farmer to high-fashion
- Tom Ford’s Fall 2013 Ad Campaign is out and it is fierce