National treasures: Over the past 35 years, these Canadian innovators have been making their beauty mark at home and abroad
To coincide with FASHION’s 35th anniversary we’re taking a look back at some Canadian beauty trailblazers that have made waves throughout the country and abroad over the past 35 years. Brands such as M.A.C, Ojon, Moroccanoil and Cargo may have started small, but are now recognized around the globe and have been providing consumers with makeup products and tips for decades. Talent-wise, from Kristjan Hayden to Grace Lee to Greg Wencel (and more!), Canadian-born hairstylists and makeup artists have left their mark on top brands and stars—including Alexander McQueen, Yves Saint Laurent, Gwyneth Paltrow, Gisele and Kristen Stewart. And the ever-growing green beauty industry is yet another area that Canadians excel at: brands like RMS Beauty, Consonant and Bite Beauty & Sula are getting noticed for their eco-friendly and all-natural approach.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Beckerman sisters?
- Sneak a peek at the Joe Fresh makeup collection for Fall 2013: 34 beauty products that won’t break your budget
- Alexander McQueen is returning to the beauty world with a new fragrance collection
- Luminato 2013: Marina Abramović, Willem Dafoe, Rufus Wainwright and a giant claw arcade game at opening night
- Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana found guilty of tax evasion