With a recent marriage and baby behind her, change seems to be what Drew Barrymore is all about these days. Today rumours have surfaced that she’s reportedly working on a makeup line for Wal-Mart.
According to WWD, the actress—who has been a Cover Girl face since 2007—will end her contract with the brand in January in order to strike out on her own in the world of cosmetics. Sources say she has been working with Intercos, an Italian supplier for color cosmetics and makeup. It will be the first time Barrymore has gone into the realm of creating cosmetics and the forthcoming line will be exclusively sold at Wal-Mart.
Lest you think her talents are only those of the acting/directing/producing kind, Drew Barrymore has worked with Lancôme in the past and served as co-creative director and model for her work with Cover Girl. She also recently collaborated with Charlotte Gainsbourg for Tommy Hilfiger—so it’s safe to say she knows a thing or two about fashion and beauty.
Here’s hoping that Drew Barrymore’s cosmetics line will include products to help us achieve the porcelain skin and red lips that she rocked throughout much of the ‘90s. And while she’s no longer a vegetarian, we do wonder if it will include an eco-friendly approach.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Beckerman sisters?
- Sneak a peek at the Joe Fresh makeup collection for Fall 2013: 34 beauty products that won’t break your budget
- Alexander McQueen is returning to the beauty world with a new fragrance collection
- Luminato 2013: Marina Abramović, Willem Dafoe, Rufus Wainwright and a giant claw arcade game at opening night
- Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana found guilty of tax evasion