French hairstyling legend Odile Gilbert crafted a twist (ha!) on the traditional bun at today’s Jason Wu show. (Our own Lesa Hannah was backstage at Wu’s show today and we’re told she has video. Stay tuned! UPDATE: Here it is!) Gilbert wrapped the models’ ponytails with stretchy cord to create a slightly wobbly look and then twisted them up to create a “flat chignon.” It’s soft and pretty, with a slight wonk to it, which we love. Bonus: It looks pretty simple to recreate at home.
Click the images below to see backstage shots from the Jason Wu show.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Beckerman sisters?
- Sneak a peek at the Joe Fresh makeup collection for Fall 2013: 34 beauty products that won’t break your budget
- Alexander McQueen is returning to the beauty world with a new fragrance collection
- Luminato 2013: Marina Abramović, Willem Dafoe, Rufus Wainwright and a giant claw arcade game at opening night
- Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana found guilty of tax evasion