New York Fashion Week Spring 2012 backstage beauty: One show, two (or more!) beauty looks was the trend at Alexander Wang, Michael Kors, Anna Sui and more
Most models received a swipe of “Ruffian Naked,” a creamy beige lipstick that’s part of the label’s collaboration with M.A.C. But a select few had crimson mouths. “We’re applying ‘Ruffian Red’ on the three redheads in the show. We thought the surprise would be fun,” explained makeup artist James Kaliardos. Brian Wolk, one half of the design team who made a cameo backstage, had another explanation for the beauty move: “We love red on red.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable