The bold red lip at Rochas Spring 2013 has quite the enchanting quality to it. The shade? A deeply pigmented rosebud red. The texture? Perfectly matte. Paired with a fresh-faced no makeup look it’s the sort of colour that shows just how much influence a well-done lip can have. (Anyone who’s ever thrown on her favourite lipstick in place of doing any other makeup knows this trick well.) Makeup artist Lucia Pieroni used two different Clé de Peau lipsticks to create the velvety look for Rochas, applying “R1,” a blue toned brick-red shade first and then layering and “R2,” a cherry-red colour, on top. However, the almost vibrating lip colour has another trick: hot pink blush. According to Into The Gloss, Lucia Pieroni finished the look by brushing on pink pigment. She started at the centre of the lip, blending outward with a Q-tip, which both enhanced the matte texture and added depth to the colour. It’s a different take on the two-toned lip that’s been popular the last few seasons—less colour blocking, more multi-dimensional. Lucia Pieroni called the final colour “beetroot berry” and we’re just going to go ahead and rename it our favourite lip colour for Spring 2013.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions
- Cannes 2013: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Waston, Nicole Kidman and more top our best Cannes red carpet looks
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now