Bibliophiles will always look back on Septembers fondly. The start of a school year meant new texts and literature—even the dullest of history books offered the promise of something notable trapped between the pages. Those looking to recapture that textual feeling, while satisfying a zeal for fashion and design, would do well to pick up Louis Vuitton: Art, Fashion and Architecture. This stunning volume spans the house’s many collaborations with international names in architecture, design, fashion, art and photography, and frequent collaborator Takashi Murakami designed the deluxe edition (Rizzoli, $160, at Louis Vuitton Stores across Canada on September 1). Beyond the collaborations, there are essays from international critics, 400 photos and illustrations and an account of the brand’s 155-year history—yes students, Louis Vuitton has been around longer than Canada.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Want to show off your nail art skills? Have we got a contest for you!
- News your wallet can use: Club Monaco announces an upcoming shoe collection
- Taylor Swift vs. Demi Lovato: Who wore the minidress best at the 2013 MMVAs?
- Shay Mitchell vs. Lucy Hale: Which Pretty Little Liars star was best dressed at the 2013 MMVAs?
- Kate Middleton wears pink Alexander McQueen for her last appearance before going on maternity leave