Back in October, we told you about the Bay’s new line of Canadiana–The Hudson’s Bay Company Collection–the brings canoes, paddles and point blankets together with collaborations with Canadian fashion names such as Pink Tartan, Harricana and Virginia Johnson. The line launched Tuesday night at a packed cocktail party where guests noshed on de rigueur nouveau comfort food–grilled cheese sandwiches with homemade ketchup, potatoes with bison tartare and maple syrup poured over freezer-made snow. The big attraction of the evening was the official unveiling of ten one-of-a-kind coats–together dubbed The Blanket Statement–that the Bay commissioned from a group of Canadian designers who played with the iconic point blanket. (Gallery after the jump)
While we’d already seen a few of the coats (Erdem’s made it on to the cover of our November issue), we hadn’t seen the full collection up close. Favourites were Erdem’s cocoon coat, Smythe and Lida Baday’s short and sweet jackets, Klaxon Howl’s green, varsity bomber and Comrags’ full-length, button-covered bustled number. The coats are currently on display on the main floor of the Bay Queen Street in Toronto and will soon move to Vancouver for the 2010 games.
Click the images below to see all the coats, plus a few of the other items from the Hudson’s Bay Company Collection (more pics here)
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?