Fashion news: iconic dresses of the last 50 years, American Apparel in peril and Versace makes a cell phone
Versace has just announced the launch of its first cell phone. The gold-plated Versace Unique comes with a 5 megapixel camera and a sapphire crystal screen. The iconic Medusa logo is also engraved on the leather back. Sigh, better start pinching those pretty pennies now. [Engadget via Racked]
A UK online poll revealed its ten most iconic dresses of the last 50 years. On the list? Audrey Hepburn‘s black dress from Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Marilyn‘s white halter and Bjork‘s wrap-around-swan. The number one spot went to Geri Halliwell‘s Union Jack dress, which some might debate is actually a shirt. [Telegraph]
Lucky Brand‘s new CEO David DeMattei, in an effort to revamp the brand, will reduce the volume of graphic tee’s. Was there a plethora of graphic tee’s on the market? We had hardly noticed. [WWD]
Mischa Barton walked down an aisle in a wedding dress this week. No, the 24-year-old actress isn’t getting hitched, she was modelling for Rosa Clara‘s 2011 bridal collection as part of Barcelona’s Bridal Week. [Huffington Post]
Abercrombie and Fitch will open 29 new stores within the next 18 months. Expensive polo shirts for everyone! [Barron's via Racked]
Peril for American Apparel? Just yesterday, the basics-gone-viral brand dropped 40 per cent of its share value after announcing it may not be able to pay back an $80 million loan from last year. [Fashionista]
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue