Some lunchtime viewing: Karl Lagerfeld sat down with Imran Amed of the blog the Business of Fashion and talked luxury, exclusivity and technology. “I think they are very beautiful objects,” said Lagerfeld. “There is no touch of what is considered bad taste or bad design is bad taste today. They are flawless in a way. Facebook is a flawless object, it’s for me like a Brancusi.” [BoF]
In other Karl Lagerfeld news, the Kaiser said he would like to see Haider Ackermann replace him at Chanel. When Ackermann heard the news he said, “What can one possibly say to such a phrase?! Such a compliment! Honored I feel, how can one not be?! In all honesty tremendously, immensely touched especially coming from Monsieur Lagerfeld.”[WWD] Read our Q&A with Haider Ackermann»
Hermès has released a new video campaign that features a disembodied hand (à la cousin Thing from the Addams Family) skateboarding through the French luxury brand’s Fall 2010 collection. [Huffington Post via Styleite]
The Outnet, an online discount shopping destination, has relaunched its website and introduced a mobile version today. Ladies, start your credit cards. [Vogue UK]
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue