*Sigh* Why must companies tease us by trotting out cult-y items that we want to own, but cannot actually buy? Case in point: Joe Mimran just had a Ken doll made in his image to celebrate Joe Fresh Style’s current line of Barbie merch. The doll has Mimran’s signature hair and is dressed in his signature blazer and open collar shirt and his signature velvet slippers complete with their signature crest. It’s so covetable. And so one-of-a-kind. Boo.
Mimran is the first Canadian celebrity to have such a doll made for him. This sounds about right–the Joe Fresh Show is, season-after-season, the hottest ticket at Toronto Fashion Week and Mimran himself is a bit of a cult figure in the Canadian fashion industry.
Karl Lagerfeld, Ralph Lauren, Rachel Zoe, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Oprah are among those who’ve also gotten the one-of-a-kind Barbie treatment. That would make a hell of a fun tea party, no?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents