A visit to a designer showroom is often missing one significant presence: the designer. Some dash out of town soon after their show for a much-needed rest. Others just prefer to leave dealing with buyers and media to the sales and press teams. But when Theory launched its collaboration with Olivier Theyskens in Paris during the spring ready-to-wear shows, the designer was right there, taking visitors through the collection and happily sitting down to chat about his designs for Theyskens’ Theory. The cool jackets, easy tops and fluid trousers were so well received that Theory offered the Belgian-born designer a permanent gig as artistic director. That must have come as a welcome relief after rocky stints at Nina Ricci and Rochas, where the calibre of his work was never in doubt. Theyskens’ Theory can be found at select Holt Renfrew stores across Canada, TNT in Toronto and online at ssense.com.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue