Jet set to New York with our globe-trotting team for a behind-the-scenes
look at cover girl Daria Werbowy.
Lancôme Spokesperson Daria Werbowy is tough enough to navigate rough waters. But she exposes her softer side to Johanna Lenander.
Daria has become a woman. The first time I met her, she was a precocious 23-year-old who read Hermann Hesse and played GarageBand. Four years later, at 27, she’s the same smart, lovely and articulate girl, but she now exudes a new warmth and softness. “I’m definitely noticing changes growing up as a woman—my body changing, my mind changing,” she says. For one thing, the blind confidence of youth is wearing off. “A lot of people used to tell me I was wise for my age, but they’ve stopped saying that,” she says with a laugh. “As I’ve gotten older, I feel like I’ve gotten more confused, which I guess is normal because when you’re in your early 20s you think you know everything.”
To read the rest of our exclusive interview with Daria, get your copy of FASHION Magazine’s May 2011 issue on newsstands now!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue