Mixing prints is a fun way to liven up any outfit. It can be a bit tricky, though, so be cautious and don’t overwhelm your body. Wild, mismatched patterns are in desperate need of a slim, well-fitted silhouette to draw the eye in—the wrong fit risks making you look more like a bulk bag of gummies than eye candy. Don’t be shy with colour. For the perfect pop, extract one shade from a print in the form of a shoe. And limit your accessories, keeping the chosen few minimal. If you’re still weary about mixing prints, get your feet wet by wearing one strong pattern on the body and incorporate another with a bag. Novices beware: Leave mixing more than two prints at a time to the experts.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents