Has True Blood fever hit France? In celebration of Carine Roitfeld’s new book, Irreverent, she held a vampire ball in Paris last night where fashion’s biggest stars were expected to dress up and get into character. Naturally, some were more enthusiastic than others. Riccardo Tisci showed up with fake blood dripping from his mouth and Anna Dello Russo wore a Stephen Jones X Giles scarlet swan feather headdress that she described as “aggressive.” Other partygoers like Kanye West and Karl Lagerfeld dressed as per their usual. Perhaps they didn’t get the memo. Perhaps Kanye was still mid-fit.
Is Roitfeld is a Bill or Eric fan? We’re hoping the latter.
Carine Roitfeld: “I’m not a queen tonight, it’s the others who are magnificent.” [WWD]
WWD: “Other revelers snaking through the red-lit venue did not bother with a costume, perhaps thinking they were already in character. Jared Leto, wearing black nail varnish, shouted something above the din of the dance floor about being ‘the kind of vampire that rips your beating heart out of your chest and eats it.’” [WWD]
Fashionista: “It’s hard to tell whether or not Karl Lagerfeld dressed up and Karlie Kloss let us know that her recent penchant for near-nudity is not relegated to magazines and runways.” [Fashionista]
Randi Bergman, online editor: “Halloween costume ideas? Done!”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions