They said/We said: Pippa Middleton’s Alexander McQueen bridesmaid’s dress is finally available in the UK and its selling fast!
Even though she wasn’t the one getting married, Pippa Middleton’s bridesmaid’s dress, also designed by Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen, received just as much attention as Kate’s wedding dress, and was loved by fashion critics and Royal fans alike. Now, finally after many replicas have been made, you can buy a “less detailed” version of the dress—meaning there’s a zipper back closure instead of buttons, and no lace inserts. Online luxury retailer net-a-porter.com is selling the Pippa-inspired dress for US$3,100.While the dress is not completely sold out as we reported yesterday, it’s going fast on the UK site. Those of us this side of the pond are going to have to be patient as it is yet to become available on the US site. We can only imagine the hysteria if a replica of Kate’s dress were to become available.
Telegraph UK: “Unsurprisingly, those keen to get their hands on the pure silk gown will have to move quickly as the smallest size has already sold out.” [Telegraph UK]
Catwalk Queen: “Sizes are already starting to sell out, so don’t hang around if your wedding dreams rest on this dress.” [Catwalk Queen]
The Cut: “Pippa’s dress included some customized details—like white lace inserts at the bust-line (and maybe even some butt padding) but even without those elements, this gown is still instantly recognizable. Just hurry before it inevitably sells out.” [NY Mag]
Paige Dzenis, associate online editor: “Frankly, it’s nice to know the original McQueen design is actually available—because the thought of someone getting married in a knockoff Princess-sibling dress is, well, just as sad as it sounds.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions
- Cannes 2013: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Waston, Nicole Kidman and more top our best Cannes red carpet looks
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look