Escape the chill and head to heavenly Hawaii in resort brights, surfer prints and dive-inspired details. For our very first resort collections shoot, we couldn’t imagine a more fitting setting than the swaying palms and long stretches of white sandy beach on Oahu—especially since Givenchy, Stella McCartney, Marc by Marc Jacobs and Marni resort were blooming with wild botanical prints and scuba-inspired silhouettes in a tropical paradise palette. Armed with a salt water–filled spray bottle and a boatload of bronzer, our hair and makeup artist Greg Wencel created a sun-kissed, unfussy beach beauty look for model Natalia Bogdanova. A short drive along the coast from Waikiki, we scaled the sloping cliffscape to the crashing waves below to shoot on sparkling black rocks at Lana’i Lookout (or Rifle Range, as the locals call it) and Halona Cove. We spent the day flinging ourselves into the pounding surf to cool off between frames. Our story was completed with a professional surfer as handsome accessory—and on the last day of the trip, we mustered the courage to take a lesson and catch a few waves of our own.
Photographed by Gabor Jurina. Styled by Susie Sheffman.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents