“There’s something extremely appealing about Jessica Stam’s red hair, electric blue eyes and red lips; they stand out against the white background,” says art director Maarten Sluyter, who joined FASHION in February 2011. “The lighting is so soft and fresh, like a Sunday morning when you’re just waking up and there’s no rush to get out of bed. It makes me think of Marilyn Monroe’s last photo shoot; Stam has captured that same feeling of desire and vulnerability. Because there’s very little fashion in this shot, it has a timeless quality. I could see this photo a hundred times and never get tired of it.”See more ONE FINE PHOTOS »
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable