Ever made your own belt? We have! Late last year, the FASHION team headed to North Toronto to take a tour of Brave Leather (the only leather belt company still producing its pieces in Canada) to preview the Spring collection as well as to participate in the brand’s all new service: custom belt making. Seriously! After sipping a little bubbly and slapping on some aprons, we followed founder Scott Irvine around the digs to choose our leathers, buckles, edging, and stitching. While on the tour, we discovered lots of quirky little tips about belt making that we never realized before. Like, did you know that you have to step on a lever with your feet to place studs? And that you can actually thin leather by placing it through a machine? Have a little look at our visit to Brave’s factory, and then get to work on your own belt at braveleather.com!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Braided updo: How to do a sweet summer style in just 5 easy steps
- Bonnaroo 2013: 28 photos of hippie fashion at its best
- Dannijo launches a stunning six-piece collection to celebrate its 5th anniversary
- Best beauty apps: From cataloguing your nail polish to keeping you safe in the sun, 5 to download now
- Max Mara names a coat after Kate Middleton