Consider it the people’s choice awards for online fashion: Polyvore has partnered with Cover Girl to bring four alumni designers from the Fashion Institute of Technology to the runway during New York Fashion Week. The shows will take place today, February 13, at La.venue in New York but, naturally, Polyvore will also be streaming the shows live.
One the four runners up is Calgary-based, New York–native Lauren Bagliore, who handed over her designs to the Polyvore community for inclusion in thousands of digital collages. “Some of the sets these people have come up with are just amazing,” she says. “I want to find them, and meet them, and hire them! They just understood my aesthetic completely.”
And to really hit home the notion of democratized fashion, Polyvore is further rattling the institution of NYFW by recruiting 23 fashion bloggers from across the States to walk the Polyvore Live runway, including Rachel Nguyen from That’s Chic and model/blogger Natalie Suarez of Natalie Off Duty.
Up next: public votes for the next H&M designer collaboration. We kid, we kid. Kind of.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Dannijo launches a stunning six-piece collection to celebrate its 5th anniversary
- Best beauty apps: From cataloguing your nail polish to keeping you safe in the sun, 5 to download now
- Max Mara names a coat after Kate Middleton
- How to wear overalls: 5 Style Panel tips for taking this nineties staple from farmer to high-fashion
- Tom Ford’s Fall 2013 Ad Campaign is out and it is fierce