Raf Simons is out, while the real Jil might be back in at Jil Sander! What does this mean for Dior? And for our Sander addiction?
It’s in-and-out at Jil Sander camp this week after the German fashion house announced this morning that Raf Simons will be presenting his last collection as creative director this Saturday.
The announcement comes amid (double!) speculation that Simons and founder Jil Sander will be making big moves in the near future. Simons has long been considered to be John Galliano’s imminent replacement at Dior, something fashion heavyweights (and us, of course) are gunning for.
And then there’s Sander, who was recently spotted at textile fair Première Vision where she told WWD Japan that she had a top secret new project that would be announced during the Milan collections. And look at that—it’s Milan Fashion Week! It seems a little too coincidental that her namesake house would be shaking things up at the same time, especially with rumours that the 68 year-old-designer could be back at the helm in less than a month.
This is just so much good news speculation! We love Sander’s J+ collaboration at Uniqlo and are huge proponents of Simons’ colourful and minimalist aesthetic, as well as what it could do for Dior. Could things really work out so perfectly?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion