Christopher Kane at Christian Dior? The prince of neon was placed into the Galliano-replacement ring earlier this week by Suzy Menkes, who claimed, in her International Herald Tribune column, that the 29-year-old designer was set to take a seat on the dizzying designer merry-go-round—but alas, he’s already put the rumour to rest.
Kane says, “I can confirm that I have not been approached. I am focused on developing my own label and my ongoing collaboration with Donatella Versace for Versus.”
Well, now that we can scratch Kane (and Marc Jacobs) off the list, we’re back to our previous hunches. Riccardo is that you? And Alber, where’s Alber! The freshly unemployed Raf Simons and Stefano Pilati are the newest names to cross our paths, but we cant help but wonder: with so many qualified candidates, what is taking so long for the disgraced designer’s shoes to be filled?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Beckerman sisters?
- Sneak a peek at the Joe Fresh makeup collection for Fall 2013: 34 beauty products that won’t break your budget
- Alexander McQueen is returning to the beauty world with a new fragrance collection
- Luminato 2013: Marina Abramović, Willem Dafoe, Rufus Wainwright and a giant claw arcade game at opening night
- Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana found guilty of tax evasion