By Ilmie Dharmaratna and Nicola St George-Hyslop
Welcome to our new DIY series! Each week, our interns will be recreating some of the best runway looks and most covetable items with step-by-step instructions (and some excellent photo documentation, to boot). And we’re not talking your average tie-dye, but rather, we’re going high-end with pieces from Céline, Prada and Cushnie et Ochs coming down the pipe.
Craftophobes need not panic—aside from some rudimentary sewing skills, the gals on our team have no training. Plus, we’re using household items to create these looks—think nail files and tweezers—so if we can do it, you most definitely can.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location