There’s been a serious push towards sustainable fashion of late and with good reason. Gorgeous wears that are kind to the environment? That’s like double the reason to go shopping!
Now, longtime environmental advocate H&M (they’ve been the world’s largest buyer of organic cotton since 2010) is taking its environmental quest one step further with the Conscious Collection. The new knockout sustainable fashion line of everything from shorts to blouses to cocktail dresses and gowns (gowns!) is made from a whole slew of earth-conscious fabrics, including chemical-free organic cotton, a totally renewable cellulose-silk called Tencel and recycled polyester made from PET plastic bottles.
The tea-with-the-Queen-worthy collection is chock-full of sugary sweet pastels, romantic florals and the nipped-in waists we saw all over the Spring 2012 runways. These ultra-flattering dresses are perfect for the summer wedding, the prom or even the classic night out on the town. And though it might be a bit of a bold choice for a wedding dress, one particular off-white gown with a decadent tiered skirt has us in a decidedly matrimonial kind of mood. Still need another stamp of approval? Actress/goddess Michelle Williams wore one of the Conscious gowns to the BAFTA Awards earlier this year. Can we get an amen?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable