Just about every designer seemed to have the London Olympics in mind, as athletic-gone-couture was a reoccurring trend in many spring collections. From Kenzo’s colour-block anoraks to Vera Wang’s pristine sporty dresses, athletic chic certainly made the finals for one of the must-have looks of the season. Alexander Wang, perhaps the star player of the trend, showed perforated materials and mesh galore in the form of jackets and dresses. But the collection’s statement-worthy oversized mesh pockets had us inspiration-struck. We add a bit of florescent flash to the look in 7 simple steps.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Beckerman sisters?
- Sneak a peek at the Joe Fresh makeup collection for Fall 2013: 34 beauty products that won’t break your budget
- Alexander McQueen is returning to the beauty world with a new fragrance collection
- Luminato 2013: Marina Abramović, Willem Dafoe, Rufus Wainwright and a giant claw arcade game at opening night
- Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana found guilty of tax evasion