May the best (Canadian) designer win! Calla Haynes and Thomas Tait are both nominated for the ANDAM Fashion Award this year
Two Canadian-born designers (and former FASHION Ones to Watch!) have been announced in the running for the prestigious French ANDAM Fashion Award. Both Calla Haynes and Thomas Tait have been nominated for the award alongside Vika Gazinskaya, Cedric Charlier and Nicolas Andreas Taralis, which means each stand to win 230,000 euros—an impressive sum that would certainly help any budding design talent realize their vision—with another 370,000 euros in additional prizes (like 10,000 euros of Swarovski crystals).
Toronto-born Haynes is up for her second and third ANDAM awards—nominated for the grand prize as well as the Prix des Première Collections, a category reserved for French-based labels that are younger than three years old.
Tait, now based in London, who honed his craft at Montreal’s LaSalle College, was also the recipient of the (arguably) equally prestigious Dorchester Collection Fashion Prize in 2010.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable