After rolling through Halifax and Edmonton, Mercedes-Benz Start Up will be pulling up to Quebec City this month in search of the city’s newest crop of design talent.
Though there can only be one winner at the end of the design initiative’s run, if last year’s cycle was anything to go off of, it’s a win-win for everyone in the running.
The initiative, which is in its second year, is aimed at finding Canada’s brightest emerging talent, fostering and mentoring their design skills and giving them a unique opportunity to gain some national exposure.
By partnering up with FDCC and the folks here at FASHION Magazine, designers in the running will have unique avenues of support and mentorship to tap into, not to mention a pretty A-list lineup of new contacts.
After Start Up wraps up in Quebec City early next month, the initiative will head to Ottawa in July to uncover what our country’s capital has to offer. Each city holds a separate semi-final runway show for its top five designers and the four semi-finalists from each city will then compete for the big win later this summer.
The coveted win includes a show at World MasterCard Fashion Week in Toronto, an editorial in FASHION and continued mentorship as they prep their work for the runway.
If you think you’ve got the design chops and are in the Quebec City or Ottawa area for the initiative’s judgment dates, then you can download an application from Mercedes-Benz Start Up’s homepage!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue