Mo Handahu, 29
Halifax | Curvy Geekery
Truth be told, I have a love/hate relationship with flats. Yes, they are comfortable but as a curvy girl, my wide feet don’t look that great in flats. As far as not completely dressing down an outfit, I would opt for pants with a straight/skinny cut that show some skin between the flats and the pants. I always opt for the pointed toe and slightly raised flat because I rely on these two features to give me a better silhouette and to create the illusion of a minimized shoe width. Flats with detail also help with keeping your outfit
somewhat fancy. Pro tip: I wore a pair of flats I snagged from a vintage store and embellished them with gold clip-on earrings to give them a little bit more character.
Mo’s wearing: Pants, blazer, earrings, necklace and shoes thrifted. T-shirt, H&M.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents