Gracie Carroll, 24
Toronto | Gracie Carroll
It might be because I never reached the height required to fulfill my childhood dream of becoming a supermodel, but I hate wearing flats. That doesn’t mean I don’t wear flats, I just try to avoid them at all times. Unless last night’s party has left me unable to walk properly, or I’ve got all-day errands to do by foot, I’m in heels. What I’m saying is, if you want style advice from Gracie Carroll, she would tell you to never try to go fancy in flats. My outfit issues usually stem from the opposite problem, most often: “How can I pull off my ‘just-rolled-out-of-bed-and-into-whatever-was-lying-on-the-floor’ look as more fancy?” The answer? Add heels. Better yet, add “heels” that come in the form of platform sandals that are basically elevated flat shoes. Technically, this magical shape of a shoe solves both types of fancy outfit problems discussed here. Yay!
Gracie’s wearing: Vintage army jacket, Pretty Freedom. T-shirt, Marc by Marc Jacobs. Skirt, Diepo. Shoes, Tory Burch. Sunglasses, Buffalo Exchange.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents