Gracie Carroll, 24
Toronto | Gracie Carroll
Shorts are a tricky summer essential that can look oh so cute, or oh so wrong, so very easily. The secret to wearing shorts successfully? Dress for your body type. There’s nothing worse than seeing a pair of shorts worn way too tight, revealing far too much in all the wrong places. My favourite way to wear shorts is by channeling my inner pin-up. It just so happens that one of the only plus sides to having a shorter torso is that the short-hem/high-waist combo really suits me. These shorts by Antipodium that I purchased at Liberty in London are my favourite pair because they nip me in at the waist perfectly, and seem to go with everything I own. They are also loose around the legs, which I find to be far more flattering in all “short” cases.
Gracie’s wearing: Silk jacket, Yohji Yamamoto at Fashionably Yours. Crochet top, Alternative Apparel at Shoppalu. Shorts, Antipodium at Liberty London. Shoes, Joie at Winners. Sunglasses, Luella.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue