Amy Nelson, 19
Calgary | Amy Flying a Kite
I love the clothing from previous eras. Through my years of vintage trekking, I’ve found overalls, bell bottoms and even cowboy boots with a previous owner’s name on them. I always thought vintage stores were more like museums than shopping centres. Every garment in a vintage shop tells a story of a different time and a different owner. I feel like I’m wearing an artifact or a souvenir from somebody else’s travels.
Today, I’m wearing a vintage floral skirt from shoppalu.com (a Canadian vintage retailer) and everything else is brand new. The lion top is from romwe.com, and the shoes were sent from Korea. To ease yourself into the world of vintage, try pairing something new with something old. By wearing the modern-looking lion top, I’m not diluting myself in too much of the old.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Beckerman sisters?
- Sneak a peek at the Joe Fresh makeup collection for Fall 2013: 34 beauty products that won’t break your budget
- Alexander McQueen is returning to the beauty world with a new fragrance collection
- Luminato 2013: Marina Abramović, Willem Dafoe, Rufus Wainwright and a giant claw arcade game at opening night
- Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana found guilty of tax evasion