In two big announcements today, Blake Lively and Lana Del Rey have inked major deals that will undoubtedly send their respective It girl status into overdrive.
Blake Lively, whose friendship with Karl Lagerfeld and romance with Ryan Reynolds is enough to induce jealousy, has added another entry to her list of fashion accolades—she’ll be the new face of Gucci’s latest fragrance.
Lively will be representing Gucci Première, the Italian fashion house’s latest red-carpet-inspired fragrance. Described by creative director Frida Giannini as a nod to “timeless Hollywood glamour,” it’s set to launch in late July in the U.K. and worldwide in September.
Lana Del Rey is said to have landed a highly coveted campaign spot as well. Rumours spread today that the singer has been signed as the new face of Swedish retail giant H&M. A source told New York Post’s Page Six that she’s already at work shooting a campaign with the retailer in New York.
Whether or not the music world will ever unanimously embrace Del Rey, the fashion world has definitely fallen for her “ghetto Nancy Sinatra” aesthetic. Mulberry was one of the first to jump on the Del Rey train when it created a bag named for her—it’s been selling so well that it’s rivalling the famous Alexa bag, named for Alexa Chung.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Beckerman sisters?
- Sneak a peek at the Joe Fresh makeup collection for Fall 2013: 34 beauty products that won’t break your budget
- Alexander McQueen is returning to the beauty world with a new fragrance collection
- Luminato 2013: Marina Abramović, Willem Dafoe, Rufus Wainwright and a giant claw arcade game at opening night
- Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana found guilty of tax evasion