Alyssa Lau, 20
Edmonton | The Ordinary Peoples
Since I attended a wedding just this past Saturday, I could not have asked for better timing for this question. Whenever I get the chance to go to a wedding, there’s no doubt about it that I’ll gleefully say “yes!” Not only are you witnessing the beginning of a couple’s life together, you also get to dress up and ogle at lovely dresses. It’s like watching a romantic movie and a fashion show at the same time. The best of both worlds, right? But, like most events out there, there are always a few rules to keep in mind. I’m no wedding expert here, but most of these self-made rules are pretty self-explanatory. 1) Don’t wear an all-white dress. You’re not getting married. 2) No cleavage. Keep it classy. 3) Keep your dress or skirt at least half-thigh length. Preferably at least knee-length (which I failed to do). 4) Wear something colourful! And if you’re wearing something neutral, spice it up with a bright pop of colour. And voila, you’re wedding-ready.
Alyssa’s wearing: Dress, Wilfred at Aritzia. Clutch, J.Crew. Shoes, Zara.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot