Alex Grant, 25
Toronto via Vancouver | To Vogue or Bust
Funnily enough, I’ve never actually been to a wedding (my sisters and friends are such disappointments). But if I ever got the good fortune of getting to go to someone’s big day, this is probably what I’d wear. I feel like all of the wedding guest outfits I’ve seen are usually limited to the same old, same old: sun dresses in lilac, rose, buttercup yellow and baby blue, usually paired with nude or metallic peep-toe pumps. I like the idea of taking the building blocks of that formula and giving them a twist: this vintage-inspired H&M number’s length and sleeves gives it a romantic vibe, but with some edgier booties and a layered arm party, I feel like it looks a bit more modern. Now, if someone could just invite me to their wedding (anyone… seriously, anyone!) I could finally take this look for a spin.
Alex’s wearing: Dress, H&M. Booties, Aldo. Clutch, vintage. Belt, vintage.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents