We already knew Scott Sternberg was a bit of a genius, but his latest stunt for Band of Outsiders is particularly so. The perennially cool brand has taken the spectatorship of fashion shows to a whole new level, putting one dapper and evidently cooperative model into a “small compartment built from cardboard boxes and wood planks adjacent to the window of an anonymous gallery in Paris” for the 60-hour “Longest Show Ever.”
Not only can those in Paris peek through a window in the studio space to check out what the model’s up to (and, of course, to see what Spring/Summer 2013 menswear look he’s wearing), but the rest of us can keep tabs on him throughout the show thanks to Band of Outsiders, which is livestreaming the whole thing. The show, which began today at 9:30 a.m. ET, will come to a close Friday at 9:30 p.m.
According to “The Rules” of the show, the model will leave every 90 minutes to change, get new props and thankfully, “to relieve himself every so often.” Props will apparently include a crappy old photocopy machine, a quotation icon rubber stamp, wooden hangers and an electric typewriter. Oh, and the model has to sleep in the compartment.
So far, the model seems to have kept himself relatively entertained, even sketching “buildings and people” according to the brand’s Twitter feed. We’ll be streaming the whole thing so check in every now and then!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot