There were so many fabulous details in Karl Lagerfeld’s India-inspired Pre-Fall collection, especially considering that the couture mastermind has never even been to India. The crystal-heavy tikkas that dangled from the centre-parted hair of the models were beautiful, as were the luxe silks and tweeds dripping in pearls. We can’t think of anything that is more quintessentially Chanel than pearls, so we decided to recreate the heavily embellished necklines we spotted on so many covet-worthy pieces. With supplies that can be found at any craft store, you too can get a Chanel-inspired look without the couture ticket price.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents