Kristin MacDonald, 27
Fredericton | Doll Parade
Growing up, I was always told that I was a hat person, but I have never really taken that compliment and run with it. Hats are a ton of fun, but pulling them off organically and with an effortless charm can be a bit daunting. In summer, it’s easy to default to a purely beach look when it comes to accessorizing with hats, but I wanted to try a take on something a little more day-to-day for regular wear. I enjoy summer fedoras, sun hats, and panama hats just as much as the next girl, and I wore them out on my trip to Europe this spring.
That said, I decided that I have been hoarding this bowler hat in my closet for way too long now, trying to find the best way to integrate it into my regular wear without looking like I was in a costume. I grabbed it as a top off for a somewhat stand-alone sequin tank top, and tucked half my hair away so I wouldn’t feel overwhelmed by it. I can see myself pairing this guy with a simple sundress for a farmer’s market outing this summer, and throwing it on with a crisp button-up blouse as the weather cools down.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents